Sunday, February 22, 2009

What We Can Do to Cultivate an Ever-Deepening Delight in God: Psalm 63


Begin the Day with God: "My soul thirsts for You"
1.  Long for Him, v. 1
2.  Look to Him, v. 2
3.  Receive His Love Afresh, v. 3
4.  Lift up to Him your praise, your life & your hands, v. 4

End the Day with God: "My soul shall be satisfied"
Meditate on the memory of His care for you throughout the day, vv. 5-7

"It is the experience of the Christian to be able to say of our God and Savior that less would not satisfy and more is not desired." (Source unknown)

Face an Uncertain Tomorrow with God: "My soul clings to You"
The Christian life is one of satisfied seeking & confident clinging, vv. 8-11.

“How do I know if God is holding on to me today? If the very circumstances of my life force me to cling to Him…What is the sign that God is holding me? It is not necessarily that I feel safe.  On the contrary, it’s because I don’t feel safe every day that I have to cling to Him.  The very fact that I have to cling to Him is a sign that He is holding me." -- Dick Lucas

"The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms."           -- Deut. 33:27

"... in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,  nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." -- Rom. 8:37-39

1 comment:

Keith and Laura Beth McFarland said...

Thanks David. I've been memorizing/mediating on this passage for months now first thing in the morning and it has had a profound effect on my heart throughout the day. You've given us good stuff to think and pray about through this passage. Awesome.