Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Hunger and I Thirst

In light of our recent series through Exodus, I wanted to direct your attention to a hymn that we (to my knowledge) have never sung at Grace. It fits perfectly with Pastor David's sermons from the last few weeks.

I Hunger and I Thirst #430 Trinity Hymnal

I hunger and I thirst; Jesus my manna be;

ye living waters, burst out of the rock for me


Thou bruised and broken Bread, my life-long needs supply;

as living souls are fed, O feed me, or I die.


Thou true life-giving Vine, let me thy sweetness prove;

renew my life with thine, refresh my soul with love.


Rough paths my feet have trod, since first their course began;

Feed me, thou Bread of God, help me, thou Son of Man.


For still the desert lies my thirsting soul before;

O living waters rise within me evermore.


John S. B. Monsell, 1866

No comments: